Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:30:05 -0500
I would say that if a staff has nurses who do *not* want to learn, they
should be dismissed to make room for those who can and do wish to learn and
keep their technique current, just as we would for those who would not wish
to keep current on cardiac or pulmonary or chemo nursing strategies.

Kathleen

At 02:50 PM 3/12/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>I agree with Kathleen that there is no substitute for good latch technique,
>but that also requires nurses who want to learn and can actually teach it,
>and mothers who are open to advice!

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet, Indep. Consultant
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://homepages.together.net/~kbruce/kbblact.html
LACTNET Archives http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/lactnet.html