From:
Deena Zimmerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 1995 21:31:53 -0400
The working woman's guide to breastfeeding is a good reference for mothers.
I don't agree with every last word but they ceratinly tackle most of the
issues, including legal ones. Unfortunately I forgor the authors at present
but it is easily available. Also, on the MEdela videotape they interview a
airline stewardess woul breastfeed despite 5 day stint away from baby. My
line is generally that at least 5 pediatric residents in our program (myself
included) have breastfed despite 36 hour shifts so 9-5 is easy! (or at leat
possible with good planning. An important point is that one does not always
have to be able to pump on the baby's schedule to make enough milk. One's
body is very adaptable. When the baby is eating some other foods, one can get
way with pumping night and morning.
--
*  Deena Zimmerman MD MPH                          *
*  Department of Pediatrics                        *