From:
Emily Lindsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2007 11:05:00 -0400
So here I am going to my new midwife appt and although loving her, her MA
left a little to be desired when she kept trying to shove the formula gift
packs into my belongings and not listening to why I did not want them (she
even told my husband and I that they were not biased they gave both brands!)
Yeah for me right?

Anyhow, my midwife asked how breastfeeding went for my first son (who will
be 3 in September) and I assured her that things were going smoothly. She
questioned still going? And I advised her that he still nursed on most days
2 times, when he woke in the morning and at nap time and she frowned and
said although you can nurse while pregnant you need to stop one month prior
so your colostrum stores can be returned. I of course asked for
documentation and she said she had none, so I searched my books, the
archives, etc and nothing to be found.....So for all of you gurus out there:
we all know that colostrum is made at an early time in the gestation period
of which I do have rather plentifully, if he nurses until the day I deliver
my midwife is then convinced there will not be enough for the newborn. I
gave up and said I would look into it, so here I am. Thanks for your words
of wisdom, I would love to take beneficial studies or info back to her.

Thanks!
Emily Lindsey, BSPsy, CLE
Private Practice
Merced, CA