From:
Yasmeen Effath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2012 22:05:46 -0700
PTP

Case 1 : A baby at 7 weeks reports gaining average of 250 gms per week but does not pass stools for over a week until mom decides to use a suppository suggested by her pediatric. So far in 7 weeks mom says baby poops on his own only 3 times and other times had used a suppository. Baby remains attached to breast for a good feed and has a good suck swallow pattern. Unlatches on his own . Baby does have a TT, pointed tongue and a bubble palate. Mother has a robust milk supply. The poop is yellow pasty consistency and not hard or watery. Baby does get very gassy after 3 days of not pooping. Baby sleeps well and has 10 good feeds and is not fussy. What are the things I may need to look at besides getting some cranio sacral work.

Case 2 : Mom with 10 month old has a history of plugged ducts owing to shallow latch despite 2 revisions of PTT. This time she report her painful, tender left breast feels different. She says the breast is Swollen but no lump or hard, flu like symptoms fever, fatigue and severe nausea. Yesterday she did feel a water filled like sac in the breast that felt like pus but not feeling it anymore. I was thinking galactocele. Fever is better now but tenderness in breast remains. Do I look for something more? Does she need a ultrasound to evaluate?

Thank you very much for any insights and help.

Yasmin
MA,HDSE,CLEC,LLLL,IBCLC
www.nourishandnurture.in
Mumbai, India