From:
Laura Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:53:59 -0500
Hi Martha,

I agree. As a volunteer breastfeeding counsellor who offers both pumps,
I agree with you on all points. I understand Medela has a new pump that
comes in a briefcase that will also hold a laptop computer....
Haven't seen it yet. Have You?

On another note....
I think the sudden surge in pump demand has more to do with our basic
materialism than with need or availability.
I know after my first baby was born I WANTED a pump. I knew I didn't
NEED it, I hardly ever used it, but I HAD to HAVE it!!!!
I am glad to see the UNUSED pumps available on e-bay. I will happily
help any woman who calls me with a question, whether she bought her pump
from me or not. I would MUCH rather help a mom who has been using a
quality pump than those using the very inexpensive one sold in all the
stores. I believe the prices offered on e-bay help in this respect.

Laura Wright