From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 15:41:54 -0400
Hi. A couple of notes/details.

1. Please make sure you read the Lactnet rules when you get them. If you
don't have them, don't worry. I will be posting a copy of them for all to
read shortly.  PRINT them out and keep them.  This will avoid people getting
on to Lactnet and asking me nicely to put them nomail.  The information on
commands such as going nomail is written in the intro welcome, and also at
the beginning of *every* header...learning simple commands like going nomail
is required, really, for everyone who has subscribed to any kind of
listserv.  It is good netiquette to learn these things...and that is why
simple listserv commands are repeated on the top of *every* header.

2. I have had several people with address problems lately.  They write and
say "I am getting the digests of Lactnet, but my postings are bounced back
to me, saying I cannot post to Lactnet."

This is due to address changes on the client's server , ie...on YOUR server,
not on Lactnet.  Lactnet knows you by the address you subscribed from.  If
your address changes from

the computer no longer knows you.  It does not equate these two addresses.
It is apples and oranges to our server...

It astounds me that servers change addresses for its clients and don't
bother to tell the clients (you again) of the change, knowing full well that
any type of subscription to any listserv is going to be royally messed up.

So, the thing that needs doing if you have this problem is for ME to go in
and manually delete your old subscription, and for you to resubscribe from
the new address.

Hope that is clear as mud. : )

Kathleen

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,Corgi-L,TLC, Indep. Consultant
http://together.net/~kbruce/kbbhome.html
LACTNET Archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html