Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 21:26:44 -0700
Dear Lactnetters:
I have a question for you, One of my clients delivered and is experiencing a great volume of milk. Her baby gained 3oz by his second postpartum day. He is 12 days old now and his mother's left breats is 2x the size of the right side and she uses both breasts at each feed. She denies and menstrual irregualrity or medication use. She was wondering if this could be from when she was a milk donar for the San Jose milk bank as she was having alot of milk with her first child but denies looking lopsided with her, just had alot of milk. When she was 7 months pg with this baby she felt engorged. Did not have any premature labor or medications other than some stadol and a local for an episiotomy.  She had allowed me to post to the list for any ideas.
She also states that she can pump easy 6-8 oz after a nursing and her left breast fills up almost immediately after nursing and she knows about pu,ping for comfort but the breast fills and she can feel the fullness and tightness building. the baby has gained beyond his BW. Sleeping well. She was thinking it is stemming from her being a milk donar, but I didn't feel it to be that as she temporairily dried up when she became pg with this baby.
Thanks Everyone
Jean De Lapp,RN, CLC