From:
Wendy Blumfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Aug 2009 10:02:32 +0300
In general it is probably better that breast milk is not frozen at all - I
encourage mothers who return to work and need to keep a store of EBM to try
and keep ahead of themselves so that they have enough milk in the
refrigerator for two or three days.  I know that sounds funny - when do we -
mothers of children at any age - ever manage to keep ahead of ourselves!!
But any form of storing milk and returning to work involves some sort of
organization skills.
Freezing reduces the anti-oxidents in the milk and since the milk supply
develops in quality as well as quantity together with the baby, milk that
was pumped a month before use may not be ideal.
However, frozen or not, rethawed and frozen or not, it must be better than
formula.
Wendy Blumfield
NCT Trained ANT Tutor/BFC
Israel Childbirth Education Centre