From:
Maurenne griese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 18:29:49 -0600
Our hospital is 19 months post merger and IMNSHO, I think the hospital
staff are so sick to death of change that even the most minute change gets
them into an uproar.  I won't exclude myself from this group as I would
like for some things to stay the same, even if just for a moment or two as
I am sick of it too.

I try to focus on how much better our hospital is now that we have combined
the talents of two great hospitals.  I've even made good friends with my
merger mates and learned a thing or two.  When it comes to breastfeeding
promotion, advocacy and support in this type of an environment, I believe
it is wise to take tiny steps over a longer period of time with some
involvement from the staff you are working with.

Just my two cents,

Maurenne Griese, RNC, BSN, CCE, CBE
Birth and Breastfeeding Resources  http://www.childbirth.org/bbfr
Manhattan, KS  USA