From:
"j.nicholls" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2007 20:22:46 +1300

Hi All

Further to my post about this mum and baby, Born 25/10/07

More information.  I don't like test weighs, but after watching 2 feeds, I
still felt this baby wasn't transfer milk effectively. Test weighed to-day
took 80 mls.  Would this be normal intake for a 8 week old baby. My gut
feelings says it not enough? And the baby doesn't sleep through the day.

Thank you Catherine for your reply, I have checked for a tongue-tie, doesn't
appear to have one, but I don't know how to diagnose a posterior one.  I
have suggested to the mum, that she seeks a second opinion, but she has
declined.

She did mention that her milk didn't come in until day 12, and that she
takes a homeopathic remedy twice a day for her milk supply.

And the baby has a bowel motion once every 3 days, except for yesterday when
she had 2 in one day, what was different, I stayed and watched 2 feeds and
encouraged mum to put the baby back to the breast when she was showing cues
for feeding.  She is also using 'The Baby Wise Book"

Thankyou

Sincerely

June Nicholls

IBCLC