From:
Judy Le Van Fram <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:30:13 EST
Marjorie writes:

<< Basically, mom is frantic and very worried that her baby will do  nothing
but cry during her absence, thereby jeopardizing her placement  with the
caregivers. >>

I am not being sarcastic when I point out: Does the day care center always
refuse to take care of babies who cry, or only breastfed ones who are not
transitioning to part-time bottle use easily? What do they do when other babies cry
for other reasons, I wonder. The baby may adjust when realizing there are no
other options. A grief reaction due to the mom's absence might occur too,
leading to a baby who won't even eat ( very rare, but I've seen it. The baby would
only bottlefeed from the mom ( she was trying everything, anything, and even
with the dad all day would refuse to eat.)  Do these reactions, transitions
never cause problems in babies who are artificially fed from birth? I wonder...
Judy LeVan Fram, Brooklyn, USA