From:
"Betty J. Clauss" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 09:11:48 +0000
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me  some advice on how to
approach the mom who has a perceived low milk supply.  Over the past
year and a half that I have been counseling moms I have come across
several moms who have thriving infants (adequate growth on the charts
with plenty of diapers) who still feel that they can not satisfy
their babies, who appear to be fussy to them after feeds and when
they intervene with ABM via bottle their babies are quieter and go
longer between feeds.  I am at a loss as to what to say, because the
bottle calms them, but they cant! I really want to help encourage
these moms and I try to reassure them with their growth statistics
and that formula does stay longer and is more difficult to digest
that is why their are longer periods between feeds, but the fussiness
with breastfeeding and lack of with bottlefeeding makes every mom who
I have talked with, with this problem assume that it is their
inadequacy that causes the fussiness! Please e-mail me privately with
your advice. Thank you all so much.

Betty Clauss