Date:
Sat, 26 May 2001 09:39:00 EDT
One of my clients called yesterday.  Her son is now 19 months old and still
enjoys nursing, as does mom.  Problem is with dad.  He is pressuring her to
wean (and has been for a year).  He tells her the breastfeeding relationship
is "disgrusting".  He tells her the baby gets no benefits.  She set up a
consultation with me for BOTH of them for next week, and wants me to support
her.  How do I do this without alienating the father even further?  Any
suggestions?  Thanks.  Loni Denman, RN, IBCLC