From:
Sue LaLeike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 1996 22:28:58 -0400
As of Friday evening, the mom who was bit by the sick cat still had not
heard back from either our local animal control or the lab in Tampa where
the diagnosis was to be made.  She said they told her last weekend that if
results were positive for rabies they would call her within 48 hours, so
now she is waiting for the letter with the results that they said they
would send if the cat was not rabid.

Meanwhile, she is extremely relieved to find out that she was okay in
continuing to nurse, and very thankful that she did not give the 6 month
old a bottle.  Her finger is healing and she is taking antibiotics, and
will start up on acidopholous when the Rx is used up, to replace good-guy
bacteria the penicillin is eating up.

Thanks so much to all of you for your concern, reassurances, and
suggestions.  It is indeed wonderful to have all this information at my
fingertips.........which I really must train to go a little easier and
slower with the delete button!

Sue LaLeike
Lehigh Acres, FL