Date:
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 19:26:22 -0300
> Because there are way too many Kathy/Katherine/Kathleen's on Lactnet, I
> thought I would clarify

I don't agree. There isn't a single Kathy/Katherine/Kathleen too many.
Not one that we could do without.
For some reason, people with similar names are often attracted to the
same field of work. When I did my PhD, the director made the comment
that he would need to be proactive to find students whose names didn't
start with J. My daughter's name is also Katherine, and I would love to
see her get into this field... she wants to do counselling with
children, so we are not far off. BTW, she reported to me that there were
three questions related to BF on her final exams this year, and she
found that very reassuring. I do, too, for different reasons.
Jo-Anne, PhD in the same program as Joan, Joanna, Judith and two John's