From:
Ilene Fabisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 2009 15:32:01 -0400
Well my tactic may be a little different. I talk about Touch alot in my prenatal
group.  How we all need to be touched, how we don't like to sleep alone and
how we love hugs.  I emphasize how important touch is to babies and that it
helps grow their brains (maybe as much or even more than the breastmilk!). I
tell them skin is our largest organ and how sensitive it is.  I also talk
about "flat head" syndrome and almost all of them have had friends with babies
that have this or they have seen the babies with helmets so they know it
exists. I was at one point gifted 200 baby slings in honor of WBW and we gave
those out to every breastfeeding mom. I wish I could have exchanged them
for the "buckets" but then they wouldn't have a car seat!  Anyway I think I
mentioned before that I have had moms come back and show me they are
carrying their babies :-) and are very proud.

I HATE the darn buckets and I'd be the first to start a CARRY YOUR BABY
campaign!

Ilene Fabisch, IBCLC/RLC