From:
Arie B-C <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 2009 20:14:42 -0600
Hello all,

I am having trouble finding specific information on the concept of
supposed gas producing food (cabbage, broccoli, onion, etc) causing
fussiness in breastfeeding babies.  I'm quite boggled that what I
perceive as clearly old-wives tale territory is still floating around,
but it is.  I'm disappointed at the sources that appear discuss this
type of food avoidance (BAB, WAB, Newman) without reference to how
milk is synthesized & what does/doesn't pass into breastmilk.  What
are your thoughts?  Has anyone encountered clear information or
research on the topic?

--
Arie Brentnall-Compton
780.777.9525