From:
Barbara Latterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 20:18:02 EST
Wondering if anyone has any info on the following:  mother of 16 mos. baby,
still nursing frequently, is currently being detoxed from mercury by
naturopath.  She still has one mercury filling in place, planning to wait til
weaning to have it removed.  She has been given selenium, and "some other
natural substances" to detox; feels better, initially had a metal taste in
her mouth but this is decreasing.  She is concerned re effect of this detox,
is it releasing mercury (more) into her system?  I guessed selenium would
bind the mercury but informed her I didn't really know for certain.  I have
searched the Archives and found info on filing removal but not specifically
on detox while nursing.  Anyone with knowledge or experience with this?  TIA.
 Feel free to email me privately if this would not be of interest to the
group.

Barbara Latterner, BSN,RN,IBCLC
Seasons Greetings to ALL!