From:
Diana Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 19:42:57 -0400
This was sent to me, and I thought worth passing on. I plan on buying these
stamps for our next coalition mailings.

Subject: breast cancer stamps

We need those of you who are great at forwarding on info
with your e-mail network. Please read and pass on.
Peace and good health.
It would be wonderful if 2001 were the year a cure for breast
cancer was found!!!!

This is one note I'll gladly pass on. The notion that we could
raise $16 million by buying a book of stamps is powerful! As you
may be aware, the US Postal Service released a  "Fund the Cure"
stamp to help fund breast cancer research. The stamp was
designed by Ethel Kessler of Bethesda, Maryland.

It is important that we take a stand against this disease that
kills and maims so many of our mothers, sisters, friends.
Instead of the normal $0.34 for a stamp, this one costs $0.40.
The additional $0.07 will go to breast cancer research. A "normal"
book costs $6.60. This one is only $8.00. It takes a few minutes in
line at the Post Office and means so much.

If all stamps are sold, it will raise an additional $16,000,000 for
this vital research. Just as important as the money is our
support. What a statement it would make if the stamp outsold the
lottery this week!!! What a statement it would make that we care.

I urge you to do two things TODAY:
1. Go out and purchase some of these stamps.
2. E-mail your friends to do the same

from Diana, wihing you all good health.