From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:05:03 -0800
Hi ALl,
Andrew sent us:

"One of the things you can do to help is to introduce bottled breast milk,
formula, or semisolid food.  By doing this, Mom and her baby will each take a
step toward greater independence."
Pediatric Institute of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc.
1-877-565-5465
fax 1-877-565-3299
PO Box 2904
Clifton NJ  07015

Any comments?

My comments:

Why must we force this early independence on our infants who are not ready
for independence for several years?  When will society get a clue that this
is INAPPROPRIATE???   How many messed up kids on drugs, kids who have no
attachment skills, kids who are neglected, kids who are murderers, kids with
no morals ingrained in their brains, kids who don't know the difference
between right and wrong, kids who have kids, and kids who have no idea what
a normal parent child relationship is will we have to have before our
society (world) gets a clue that we are messing up and messing up big time?
How many more generations have to suffer before we finally figure out where
we went wrong and try to fix, praying that it is not too late?

Jay
very tired, cranky, and sick of all this forced independence...My mother
asked me when I was going to wean PJ the other day (he has been BF all over
the place, and, quite frankly, driving me nuts, but that is part of
parenting...anyway, I asked her why she had such a problem with my
continuing to give PJ what he obviously needed.  The conversation got heated
and I got out of it. Why force our babies to grow up any faster than they
have to???  I just don't get it.
Jay Simpson, CLE
Sacramento, California, West Coast, USA
Mailto: [log in to unmask] for Lactnet Book Raffle Information!