Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 20:54:51 EDT
I am working with a mother that is 6 days post patrum that has severe
engorgement on one side.
I am not finding any thing that can relieve her. I tried just pumping. She
tried just nursing.  I used a Classic pump with baby on the other side. I
used the baby on the engorged side with pumping the other side. I tried hand
expression. She was expressing in the shower and no relief.
She has applied ice and  I think cabbage leaves. She is so swollen that only
a few drops of milk can be expressed.
Any thoughts?
Ruth Solomon