From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 16:55:18 -0500
I used to change our newborn in the kitchen, rinsing out the "bottom wipe"
at the kitchen sink.  It occurred to me this might not be sanitary, and I
asked our dr about it.  She discouraged the practice.  But his stools
didn't *seem* at all unsanitary to me, and now I'm wondering:  was what I
did a health hazard or just a cultural no-no?  Just how unsanitary *are*
the stools of an exclusively breastfed baby who's been exposed only to
family members?  What germs would I have been at risk for spreading?

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL  who routinely eats food dropped on the
kitchen floor in Ithaca, NY