Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 2009 12:12:10 -0700

<<

 Anyo= ne know of any medical articles addressing this?

Mom currently being told ( like usual) to stop nursing current child. She=

doesn't want to but is spilling such large amounts of keytones due to wei=
ght loss ( not dehydration) that mom and pregnancy safety may be at risk
soon= .

Any ideas?

Lisa Jones RN IBCLC>>

Lisa,  I don't know about the PCOS connection but we have been treating
hyperemesis gravidarum very successfully with increasing fluids and salt
(preferable Celtic sea salt).  It takes a lot of water to grow extra
maternal blood volume, baby blood/fluid, and amniotic fluid.  If you think
about what the body is trying to do by vomiting (homeostasis), it could be
that it's trying to make the woman thirsty enough to drink more. Especially
when nursing an older child in the summertime, she's probably low on fluids.
Tell her to drink an extra litre of water per day and to salt "liberally"
(as per Dr. Thomas Brewer's method of preventing P. I. H.)

Gloria Lemay, Vancouver BC

www.glorialemay.com/blog