From:
Sulman Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 21:56:22 +0500
I managed to hear (and tape) Ray Suarez' program today, thanks to the
Lactnet alert about it being broadcast on National Public Radio in the U.S.
 The guest experts were Miriam Labbok, Naomi Baumschlag and, briefly,
Marianne Niefert.  They spoke very eloquently in support of breastfeeding,
and in the one hour were able to comment on many benefits not just of
breastmilk, but of the act of breastfeeding, health benefits for mothers
and babies both, helpfulness of LCs and LLL, need for insurance coverage of
LC consultations, etc.  The callers were generally quite supportive also.
There were a few caller statements that made me gulp and cringe that didn't
get corrected (like putting honey on a mother's nipple which got the new
baby right to breast - in 1984, I think) but generally it was a wonderful
hour.  I hope lots of people were listening.
Anne Altshuler, RN, MS, IBCLC and LLL Leader in Madison, WI