From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 08:56:48 PST
Karleen and all,
You say <<Also, since these toxins are fat soluble they are carried up the
food chain easily in fat. Cows are ruminants and thus don't get much fat.
Whereas people eat meat as well as vegetables and are therefore at a greater
risk of concentrating the toxins up the food chain. Whether, mothers who are
long term vegetarians have lower concs of toxins in their breastmilk is
another question I don't think has been answered.>> Good points.
What I am wondering is since vegetables and fruits are sprayed etc. do
strict vegetarians actually have MORE toxins than omnivores who eat some
meat? Also do fatter ladies have more toxins to disseminate than lean ones
(like me < 100 lbs? altho I eat meat)? Also cows do get fat on plant diet,
no? How do they get all that marbling (fat) in the "choice" cuts of meat?
Just wondering? More "food" for thought.

Laurie Wheeler, RN, MN, IBCLC
Violet Louisiana, s.e. USA