From:
Valerie Rhodes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 14:39:15 EDT
Someone recently posted about the use of hydrogel dressings in treating sore
nipples. I do not have personal experience with this but I came across some
information in Breastfeeding Abstracts pertaining to this.
February 1999-volume 18 #3:
Sore Nipples in breastfeding women:A clinical trial of wound dressings versus
conventional care by N.Brent, S.J. Rudy,B.Redd et al. Arch Pediatr Adolesc
Med 1998
"The authors conclude that both treatments, in combination with instruction
in proper breastfeding management, were effective. However, the conventional
group experienced greater improvement with fewer complications. The authors
state that in light  of cost and the risk of infection, the first line of
treatment should remain lanolin cream and breast shells combined with
instruction in proper breastfeeding management."
Valerie Rhodes (preparing for that BIG day in July)