From:
Mary-Jane Sackett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2011 07:14:06 EST
Hoping that lactation consultants who work in community hospitals in the
USA can respond and give me some info on what type of refrigerator they are
using in their maternity unit nursery to store expressed milk.

I am looking for a small, quality refrigerator that will be able to
maintain frozen milk at 0 degrees F or less, and refrigerated milk at 35-40
degrees F. I work in a setting that has about 650 births per year. We do not
have a NICU, but our nursery is a level 1B I believe, and we can accommodate
infants with special medical needs like growing preemies, IVs, oxygen,
cardio-respiratory monitoring, etc. We do not usually have more than one or  two
mothers at a time who are pumping and rooming in after they have been
discharged, so we do not need a huge capacity refrigerator/freezer  unit. I have
seen some from a "scientific" company that sells them for  $4000-$5000, but
that is too much for our budget.

Would anyone who has a refrigerator like the kind I am looking for please
be kind enough to email me off-list with the name of their refrigerator,
model  number, and its cost? My work email is [log in to unmask]
(mailto:[log in to unmask]) .

Thank you for your assistance.

Mary-Jane Sackett, RN, IBCLC, RLC
Lactation Program Coordinator