Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 18:54:23 -0400
Hello,  It's been a long time since I posted . I'm a lactation consultant
looking for info for a collegue who is nursing twin toddlers and had a
needle stick at work with a Hepatitis patient . She has had two different
tests for HIV which have come back negative and she is still on some
medications for prevention. One is lamivudine and I can't find it in my
1999 version of T. Hale's book so I'm asking if you have info on it's
compatibility with breastfeeding. I read in the archives that it was used
one week postnatally in mothers during a study in Africa.  Can some one
tell me more about this drug? Mom is now pumping for comfort and the twins
are coping but one of them is clearly under more stress. She would prefer
to resume her normal way of mothering if there is no reason to wean.

Thanks,
Anne Kirkham IBCLC