From:
Stephanie Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jun 2005 19:35:58 -0400
Hello lacnetters
I have done a search in the archives regarding excess lipase in the milk
and found some good information about what to do to prevent it from
happening, but what if it does happen?  I am working with the mother of a
premature infant who has been pumping for months (baby never latched and
mom is fine with it) and has many, many ounces stored and her little guy
will not drink the previously frozen milk.  Any ideas to make it more
inviting?  Does scalding work after the it has been frozen?  Right now she
is mixing part fresh with part frozen and if he rejects that milk, she is
losing that as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Stephanie Ryan RN IBCLC