From:
Lisa Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 07:59:49 -0400
As I said in an earlier post, I am sure that this full story has not been
told.  I envision a law suit against the hospital for having discharged this
baby without proper follow-up and/or for not involving child protective
services from the moment of birth (when baby was positive for methadone).  I
think most telling is the info from a post today that reports that the mother
was using heroin from the day after baby was born.  Baby was in the hospital
for ONE MONTH!!!  Mom must have been pumping during that time!!!  Either she
supplied that milk to the baby or she didn't, I don't know, but there seems
to have been plenty of reason to have given the mother a tox. screen before
handing her the baby to take home.
  Perhaps a home visit by child services would have found the one hundred
needles that the police later found, and baby would still be alive today.
  Lisa Jones, LLLL in Wellington FL