From:
"Vicki.Ryan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:14:25 -0700
another example of people perpetuating breastfeeding myths.(I needed a
reason to pull my hair out since I'm not at work). a mom asked about the
color and consistency of her baby's stools (mucousy) and answer #4  was:
"Are you also giving your child a bottle of water? Yes, breast milk is best,
but baby needs WATER too! Sometimes they just get dehydrated or need more
water than they do at other times." answer#5: "i have breastfed both my
daughters and the fact that your baby is not releasing yellow stools is a
good thing. think about it- is yours yellow? no it is brown- or it is
supposed to be. the mucous around it is a good thing as well b/c it means
that the baby is well lubricated and will not have much trouble releasing
the stool." answer #7: "The mucus is good...think of it as lube" answer #11:
"Finally, I had to supplement her at 3 1/2 months with soy formula. Then she
totally quit nursing. She went on soy formula totally and was 100% better.
She was a completely different baby." finally answer #18 suggested "talk to
a someone trained in BF support, either a LC or a LLLL"...finally some
*good* advice

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ApGURFJbx5H9_anVgYBCoBjzy6IX?qid=1006042431734

I know we can't monitor every parenting or feeding forum for accuracy of
breastfeeding info, but it's amazing the "advice" that is out there. vicki
hayes rn ibclc in wa