From:
Theresa Chmiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 23:33:30 EST
I have been invited to attend what was called a "bible" study.  The person
organizing the "study" said she was bringing over a book to read ahead of
time.  Imagine my horror when she brought over "Growing Kids Gods Way."  I
was shocked and (for once) speechless.  I skimmed through some of the
chapters and although some of it actually seemed to make sense, I found the
discipline section quite disturbing.  It detailed the way in which you should
hit your child, what you should hit him/her with (a plastic spatula so you
don't "damage" the tissue), and how you should "love them up" afterward.  It
made my stomach turn.

Theresa Chmiel, CLC, ICCE
Las Vegas, NV