From:
Carol Chamblin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 00:45:42 EDT
My story of the day was a mom calling me to thank me for helping her
breastfeed her 4 week old baby.  Today's check-up revealed a weight gain of
2lbs. in 2 weeks!  She says she is so proud of herself!  And, I told her
rightfully so!  This mom had dealt with yeast with her first baby, worked
with an LC, but never resolved the yeast issue, so she weaned at 6 weeks of
age.  This time we managed the yeast effectively, and mom and baby are
presently without symptoms, and mom is fully enjoying her breastfeeding
experience.  My brick wall is trying to get thru to her OB office....they
won't talk to me as I am in private practice.  But, I will persist because of
moms such as this one who deserves to breastfeed her infant.
Carol Chamblin, RN, MS, IBCLC
Breast 'N Baby Lactation Services, Inc.
St. Charles, IL