From:
"David A. Green" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 07:57:20 EST
In a message dated 12/17/98 8:12:39 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Well, if the pediatrician wants more documentation, why doesn't he do what
 physician should do?  Find out himself.  Like, the mother could go on
 ritalin, and the physician could arrange for milk levels in the mother and
 perhaps even blood levels in the baby to be done.  Wouldn't that just be
 dandy?  We would expect some to get into the milk, but it could be very
 small and insignificant.
 Jack  >>

Geez, I don't know many pediatricians that have 27 year old patients!  :)
Saying that a small and insignificant amount of Ritalin would be in the breast
milk is the equivalent of saying a "small and insignificant amount" of cocaine
or amphetamine in the breast milk.  Speed is speed is speed.
Measuring Ritalin levels in breast milk or even blood levels?  And what lab in
the world would and/or could do that?  Even if you could find a lab that would
perform that "crazy" test, you would not know what to do with the results?
Like, uh, what is the normal range?
Andrew MD