From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 1997 21:20:28 -0800
Kathy:  I posted about Rescue Remedy and NSP's Distress Remedy about three
weeks ago.  To anyone who requires more info, I can provide more detailed
chemical and botanical analyses privately if you need them.  Information
obtained by health/nutrition store clerks is exceptionally variable in
quality, so buyer beware.  Several of you have asked for the info again, so
here is the post:
"Rescue Remedy is brand-name commercial preparation made by Bach.  It is a
flower/herb homeopathic combination that serves many purposes.  Other
companies sell other similar preparations (Nature's Sunshine has Distress
Remedy).  I have had great success with these with children and adults
alike, although I've never used it to induce MER.  These combos are used as
nervous system tonics and typically contain: garden marigold, rock rose,
traveler's joy, impatiens, Star of Bethlehem, comfrey, arnica, leopard's
bane, chamomile, and calendula.  The manufacturers state that they provide
for the relief of minor accidents, injuries and bruises; pain and
inflammation; and emotional upset due to physical trauma or stress.  :  )"
As you can see, the contents are slightly different.  I have found Distress
Remedy to be more potent than Bach's, but this is from personal and
clinical experience, not studies.

: )Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC  email: [log in to unmask]   : )
: )HSR & Health Educational Consultant        voice/fax: 541 753 7340    : )
: )LLLLLLLLLLLLL**CHANGE THE WORLD, NURTURE A CHILD!**LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL : )