From:
"jay.mccormick" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 00:38:33 -0800
My middle son did this at 2 months old.  Exclusively receiving breast milk
went 10 days without stool.  Feeding, sleeping, activity patterns normal abd
soft good bowel sounds.  Mother in law almost had a stroke.  My ped called
him a " super absorber" said used every bit of breast milk little waste
left.  The night my mother in law was ready to have me arrested for child
abuse he had a huge stool as if to say fine if this is what it takes to keep
the family together.   That can be scary for moms Our ped used to say we
worry about our kids bowels when their babies and we will worry about ours
when we are old.  Broke my elbow last monday so its kind of hard to type.
BTW when I was talking to the orthapedist about going back to work (my right
arm) he said what is the big deal all you probably do is stand there anyway
&  do some teaching.  If my arm didn't hurt so bad I would have smacked him.
Well you all know what we do.

Cathy McCormick,  RNC IBCLC
N. KY
Hubby also in cast from torn achilles tendon we are a fine pair