From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 20:56:23 -0800
 Personally, I think there is nothing per se about a c/s that would delay
milk, BUT if a mom wasn't ready to go into labor and things were hurried
along (thus, resulting ultimately in a c/s) THEN that could lead to delayed
milk production.  I've had 3 c/s...two after 39-48 hours of active stage
labors and I had milk within the first 12-36 hours of the c/s; Number three
was a labor triggered by a stress test and then a c/s (details only upon
request).  For this third child, my milk didn't fully "come in" for 7 days
in spite of nursing round the clock.  It scared the daylights out of me and
the 3 RN-IBCLCs-friends who came to see me and documented perfect latch,
suck, etc.  'Just my 2 cents.
Chris

: )Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC  email: [log in to unmask]  : )
: )HSR & Health Educational Consultant        voice/fax: 541 753 7340   : )
: )------------**CHANGE THE WORLD, NURTURE A CHILD!**------------------ : )