From:
Jasmine Beaudoin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2011 22:44:23 -0400
I, too, was very taken aback by this posting.  I could not help but feel
like a subject heading of, "Did formula feeding result in the deaths of this
mum and her children" was meant to sensationalize.  Without further
explanation or comment in your posting, Karleen, it would not be far-fetched
for one to believe that you were perhaps insinuating that had this woman
breastfed, she and her children would have experienced a better outcome.  To
answer the question you have posed, NO -- No, formula feeding did not result
in the deaths of these innocent victims, but rather a catastrophic, natural
disaster.  It would be very poor form and terribly insensitive to the
deceased victims and their family if one had been using their heartbreaking
circumstance as a platform to try and stretch a story so that it
favors one's particular cause.  Perhaps next time, do go ahead and explain
yourself in your message, or at the very least, try to avoid the hyperbole
in the subject line.

Regards,

Jasmine Beaudoin, RN, BSN, IBCLC-candidate
USA