From:
Deanne Francis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 21:46:58 -0700
What IS the problem in this NICU, that babies are not allowed to be
breastfed because a doctor might walk in and want to listen to the baby's
chest?   Should the doctor not be allowed to view this?  Does it take too
long to take the baby off the breast and put back to bed so the baby can be
examined ( it sure as heck doesn't take 5 hours!)  Are babies not fed at all
in this time frame?  Or is it just the breastfed babies who are
discriminated against?  If it were my baby, I would just say, "This is how
I've chosen to feed the baby.  The baby is capable of oral feedings and is
hungry."

Mumble Mumble Mutter Mutter
Deanne