From:
Denise Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 09:47:28 +1000
Jack writes:
>Has this woman had breast development during the pregnancy.  If yes,
she should expect to produce plenty of milk.

Interesting point Jack.  Peter Hartmanns recent work on breast development
during pregnancy doesn't necessarily support your hypothesis.  One woman in
his study had no breast development during pregnancy at all, but by a week
or so (don't have the paper to hand, sorry) was producing milk as well as
the next woman.  I'm very circumspect these days with my 'let's wait and
see' advice.
Likewise there are a lot of other factors involved in milk production
despite having good breast development during pregnancy - if only it were so
simple.

Denise
Brisbane, Australia

mailto: [log in to unmask]