From:
julie taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2007 14:43:35 -0700
Congratulations on your granddaughter Pat. She seems to be doing well, I am sure that she will continue to do so!
  Julie Taylor
  RN IBCLC

[log in to unmask] wrote:
  As a long time Lactnet subscriber, I just wanted to let all my online
fellow IBCLC's know that I had my first grandchild a bit abruptly on
Thursday.
At 27 weeks, 1 pound 11 ounces, Audrey Waseen Doval decided she wanted
to see the world. My daughter had a sudden and extreme bout of
preeclampsia and the medical world decided it was time.
Both are doing well now. My daughter is off the mag sulfate and iv's
and her blood pressure is coming down. She is pumping and producing
nice drops of colostrum which my son-in-law is very adept at syringing
up and Audrey is about on room air now.
I am glad I was able to be there, the nurse the first night brought
the pump but had never set one up and while subsequent staff have been
a bit more helpful, they are full of rules about time.
So I am now a full time on site lactation consultant and post partum
doula for the foreseeable future.

Pat Thomas PHN IBCLC
Winona, MN