From:
"G. Hertz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 15:23:12 -0700
I thought that when residency was over things would be simpler in terms of
time - ha!  Docs work very long hours, are pressed for time and want to
spend free time with their families.

My suggestions [in addition to Dr. Mimi's]

Don't pick Monday - it tends to be a very busy day, what with limited or no
weekend office hours.

Friday  is not a lot better.

Over noontime is good -but provide heavy snax or lunch - it may be the only
food we'll see from 6am until after hospital rounds at 8pm [or later - I've
arrived home at 10pm some nights].

Dinner time is ok too - but that has the potential to run into family time
[ie. if I go I won't see my kids before they go to bed]

FREE CME!
Excellent - it's expensive and time consuming.

Promise a printed program or notes at the end - I can take them back to my
office to use because I won't remember everything you say.

Door prize[s] for doctors. -and make it a new Hale!  What a great place for
that info.

Promise brevity - and a future conference on a different bf topic -You're
more likely to get docs for a lunch hour every 4 months than for 3 hours at
one time - especially if word of mouth is good for the first one.

Gail S. Hertz, MD, IBCLC