From:
Susi Lawrence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:33:34 -0700
Hi, again
I agree-if a mother is perceiving a less-than-supportive aspect to her
efforts toward adoptive nursing--for whatever reasons-- it would be a useful
thing for whoever is talking with her to know that-- so that all can work
towards a more productive approach, and support her with whatever she needs.
   You might find it heartening to hear that at our LLL conference last week
there was a session on adoptive & foster nursing, with an IBCLC, a adoptive
mother and a foster mother offering information and personal experiences.
It's true; we all need to know more information on the subject, and aspects
of it transfer to all sorts of other lactation issues.  I just checked in
LLL's Breastfeeding Answer Book, which has a significant chapter on adoptive
nursing with lots of information in a positive approach.  Maybe you
contacting the local Leaders will inspire them to find out more!
Susan