From:
LoganPeds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 1997 16:29:40 EST
If you don't want the hassle of returning those unwanted and unneeded formula
samples that keep getting sent to breastfeeding moms, there is a use for
them--donate them to the local wildlife rescue station or local zoo.  Our
local wildlife rescue has appreciated the donations of expired formula samples
from my office, as well as expired antibiotics and vitamins, to feed orphaned
and injured animals.  (Yes, I accept the samples, but keep them in a back room
and only use them for moms who are already using the artificial stuff and who
don't have WIC supplying it and who are in desperate straits and who I
haven't been sucessful in convincing to breastfeed.  This policy usually
results in most of it expiring before use.)
Linda L. Shaw MD