Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:34:11 EDT
In a message dated 8/25/2010 7:25:29 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

so what  kind of reference would you recommend that would start to turn
this doctorıs  opinion around?>>>>
Hi Linda,

not trivial at all, ...how frustrating to run into a professional
healthcare provider with such idiotic notions about breastfeeding, how  clueless he
has shown himself to be regarding lactation.

So, where oh where to start with such ignorance? I say "ignorance" out  of
great annoyance that he is very likely spreading his contrived,
ridiculously inaccurate information to his patients. Otherwise we could be more
tolerate and say that he is merely, innocently, uneducated, and we/you are here
to help.

Lucky you had this conversation with him!

I guess one manageable way to start him on the road to enlightenment
without taking up way too much of your time would be to give him a copy of Dr
Jack Newman's book, and email address.

I'm sure you will get more specific recommendations from the LN  pros.

Debbie Tobin
RN BSN IBCLC
Fairfax County, Virginia suburbs  outside the Washington DC beltway