From:
Jennifer Tow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 23:13:03 EDT
In a message dated 6/2/00 9:30:28 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Rob Cordes asked:
>I have a well feeding 2 month old who sleeps well if sleeping on mom's
>chest.
>Mom would prefer baby next to , not on top of her but baby wakes easily when
>mom moves her to to side.

This was like my daughter.  I found eventually I could roll on my side with
her in the crook of my arm.  she still (at 14 months) will not sleep
without me.  If someone told me then I'd still have to be wrapped around
her a year later I'd have thought I'd die.  It's ok. >>

Rob,
My dd also only slept across my chest for about 18 mos. On rare occasions, I
could slide her to the side. I had a very strong MER while nursing her and
she quickly learned she wouldn't choke in this position. In the long run, I
slept better, b/c she *didn't* wake up in the night coughing and sputtering.
Perhaps this baby also has a very good reason for this!
Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA