From:
Ruth Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 1996 20:51:01 -0400
a recently discharged premie 8 weeks early home at 4 lbs since monday night
was told to feed 50 ml q 4 hours baby sleeps between 4and 5 hours between
feeds bms 3 plus day 4 heavy wets and using brown evenflo mom is "too busy"
to pump douv=ble more than 4 times a day goes 12 hours no pumping at night
while dad or grandma feeds formula because she ran out of pumped milk,
frustrated that baby won't latch on since leaving the hospital but since
her sister couldn't nurse its no big deal because she's so healthy she
wants to "do what the baby wants"

She goes to my church and i "gave" her a clssic for a month Chloe Fischers
best  feeding and a baby sling to do kangaroo care at home. baby has either
been in swing or her bassinet both times I visited I offered lactation
visit, to help.(they are too busy right now) i expressed my concern that
the baby sleeps so long undisturbed and said they should hold her at least
every 3 hours  during the day. I told her she should hold the baby at least
until her due date July 17 ! no go, I told her to make sure the baby sleeps
in their room till she's "due" to be born that premies need a little more
stimulation than every 4-5 hours and that she needs  to double pump at
least 5 if not 6 times a day AM I WAY off base here ????? Am I out of line
? am I overreacting ?  Only 1 weight on a clinic scale since Dc from level
III NICU so I'm not sure of numbers
 help me calm down and set me straight but this reeks of "Ezzo style
parenting" they think NICU care is the way to go..no touching nice
scheduled feeds .we are mere aquaintances but I'm still worried about the
baby and can't help feel I have alarmed them, unnecessarily ????? thanks
all ruthy