From:
Karyn-grace Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2007 23:51:42 -0400
Rachel, I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your contributions
here...letting us all know relevant news items and updates, and helping us to
understand their significance.  Thank you.

I have noticed very few responses here about the latest 'scandal' with the
IBLCE -  unlike the flurry of comments and actions with respect to the SOP -
and as I too have been silent over this issue, I thought I should explain myself:

I'm stumped!

Flabergasted and simply overwhemled with the possiblity that yet again, my
work, my passion, my accomplishments are threatened and/or misunderstood.
That somewhere, somehow, someone 'out there' has an agenda to undermine
breastfeeding and the work of Lactation Consultants.

Fearing that fully understanding this issue and becoming involved in it may rob
me of focusing on my lactation projects and the mothers I work with, at this
time I am chosing to remain silent.  Not because I don't care...I do!  But,
because I feel that all I can do is sit here and shake my head, hit delete and
move on.

Is anyone else feeling this way?

Blessings!

Karyn-grace Clarke, IBCLC, LLLL