From:
jennifer veit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2008 20:53:29 -0400
As to the back pain you are describing - I have seen many cases of pain very
similar to this - some in BFing moms and more in folks who spend too much
time bending and twisting/lifting.  Sounds very much like your mom has got a
rib subluxed - pain fairly localized, although sometime can travel to the
corresponding front part of the rib, might hurt more with a deep inspiration
and with lateral bending.  My suggestion - refer her to a chiropractor you
like locally and see if the pain is relieved by an adjustment.
HTH
Jennifer Veit, DC and LLLL