From:
Diana Dietz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 10:28:32 -0800
Don't mean to advertise for the U.S. TV show *Prime Time Live*, but
they'll be airing a segment on cancer tonight at 10 PM EST (ABC). Breast
cancer will be discussed and I'll be watching to see if they mention
that NOT breastfeeding increases the risk of breast cancer. If not, I'll
be sending a letter and bibliography of breast cancer/breastfeeding
studies.(Would the people who've shared that info. previously please
re-post it if it's handy? Thanks!)

Also, here's a very recent reference to add to the list:

I. Romieu et al., "Breast Cancer and Lactation History in Mexican
Women," American Jouranl of Epidemiology, 143:543-552,1996.

Conclusion: Lower breastfeeding rates may be a factor in the rising
rates of breast cancer among Mexican women.

Diana Dietz, RN, BSN
Diana Designs - designs that celebrate breastfeeding and mothers
http://www.prairienet.org/community/health/laleche/diana.html